Green System Treatment
- Our production facilities operate under a zero discharge policy with rinse and overage batch containment.
- We manufacture all our products using chemical components with the least environmental impact possible.
- We maintain water and energy conservation partnerships with our customers through implementation of treatment programs that allow system operation at increased cycles of concentration and higher heat transfer efficiency.
- In 2007 we began the conversion to a paperless workplace. In the past year, we have cut paper consumption in our offices by 25%; we target an additional 50% reduction by 2010.
- Even our land holdings are committed to this cause – each acre of manufacturing space is offset by an acre devoted to renewable resource production
The Green Program is the centerpiece of our commitment to preserving the environment. The Chemtex Green Program product line includes scale and corrosion inhibitors, dispersants and biocides that can be safely discharged with minimal impact on the aquatic environment. We carefully formulate these products using no heavy metals and advanced phosphonate/polymer technology that results in a ten-fold reduction in cooling water discharge phosphorus content.
The focus of our Green Program is not limited to green chemistry alone. It incorporates technology that reduces blowdown rates, saving precious fresh water and providing clean heat transfer surfaces, decreasing our carbon footprint.